If you would like to edit an existing registration, please sign in first
Register (110 places left)
The Leading High Performing Virtual Teams is a two-day residential workshop for all new Activity Leaders and Task Leaders in the GN3plus Project, and is in response to many requests from leaders across the project.
The aim of this workshop is about enhancing skills and knowledge in aspects of leading High perfoming virtual teams, so we ultimately enhance the way we work together in our virtual teams within the GEANT Project.
Workplace Outcomes / Benefits
Enhanced performance in relation to:
- Strategic Leadership within the project
- Leading and managing your virtual team
Workshop Learning Objectives
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Define leader / manager and group / team
- Outline features of high performing Virtual Teams and the role of the leader / manager in creating high performance teams / groups in the virtual teams
- Outline principles of the neurology of the brain for leadership and how this works in everyday leadership / management in a virtual / cross cultural project
- Identify your own and your team's Myers Briggs Personality Type as a way of encouraging high performance from individuals working within diverse virtual teams
- Use a range of tools and techniques to enable you to enhance your leadership competencies.
Highly interactive, with input, discussion and practical exercises delivered using accelerated learning techniques so that you find the learning enjoyable and making it easy for you to take the learning back into the work environment.
The Apollo Ramada hotel in Amsterdam is situated next to the Rembrandt Park in the west of the town. It is accessible from the airport via a free shuttle service, or by Tram 13 from Centraal Station. We have reserved a room in the hotel on the night before the course begins to make sure that you are fresh on the morning of the course, we strongly advise that you book your travel to take advantage of this arrangement.
- Day One 9am until 7pm
- Dinner on Day One 8pm
- Day Two 9am to 3pm
Creating the right environment for learning
Senior management request that phones and laptops are kept for lunch and evenings only so that you are able to engage with a clear focus. We encourage you to model high performing leadership by arranging cover whilst you are on the training and to let your team know that you are only accessible in an extreme situation.
- 21 - 22 Oct 2013
- Apollo Amsterdam
- Staalmeesterslaan 410